Saturday, November 7, 2009

How to Rationalize a WIP into a FO


This poncho was started about a year ago.  I got the pattern from a Groovy Crochet website, which has groovy crochet patterns from the 1970's.  I had some left over Baby Bee Yarn from Hobby Lobby and some Redheart Yarn of various earth tone colors to work with.  When I ran out of the Baby Bee Yarn,  I stopped working on the poncho.

This weekend, I pulled the poncho out of the closet and began to rationalize my "work in progress" into a "finished object:"  I really did not want a long poncho anyway.  A longer poncho would be heavier.  I am a short person, so I don't need a long poncho.  I can throw this on and still have my arms free... and so on and so on. 

I finished the poncho with a single crochet edging and viola - a WIP turned into a FO.  Anyway, I love the colors: Sage green  Baby Bee Yarn held throughout with interchanging claret, taupe, and brown Redheart Yarn.  It is so me!

The best part is that it was made with leftover scrap yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment